Create a spam email filter
To create a spam filter, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to cPanel’s Apache SpamAssassin interface (Home >> Email >> Apache SpamAssassin).
- Check whether Apache SpamAssassin is enabled. If it is not, click Enable Apache SpamAssassin.
- Navigate to cPanel’s Global Email Filters interface (Home >> Email >> Global Email Filters).
- Click Create a New Filter.
- Enter the name of your filter in the Filter Name text box.
- Select Spam Bar from the first menu in the Rules section.
- Select contains from the second menu in the Rules section.
- Enter the spam score in the text box. Represent the desired spam score with plus (+) characters.Note: For example, to filter all of the mail to which Apache SpamAssassin has assigned a spam score of five or higher, enter +++++ in the text box.
Apache SpamAssassin examines every email message for spam characteristics, and then assigns it an overall score based on the number of spam-related traits found within the message.
The lower the spam score, the more aggressive the spam filter will be.
A spam score of five (+++++) is a suitable setting for a single user. ISPs should use a higher score.
- Select Deliver to folder from the menu in the Actions section.
- Enter the name of the folder to which you wish to send your spam email > Click Browse to see a list of your folders
- Click Create to create, save, and activate the spam filter.