Veeam Cloud Overview
Veeam helps you maximize your cloud opportunity. Webhosting.net uses Veeam as its backup solution for VMware and Hyper-V backup, recovery and replication. Providing fast, flexible, and reliable recovery of client hosted applications and data.
We are a trusted Veeam-powered service provider based in Miami, USA. Get your backups and replicas off site, without adding complexity or compromising security.
Veeam Cloud Connect. Easy Cloud Backup
The easy, efficient way to get backups offsite to a service provider.
Veeam delivers powerful and reliable features and functionality to help you avoid the risk of catastrophic data loss. With Veeam Cloud Connect, you get:
Hosted offsite backups: Get your backups offsite to a hosted cloud repository through a secure SSL connection with no additional Veeam licensing required.
Complete visibility and control: Access and recover data in hosted backup repositories directly from the backup console; track cloud repository consumption and receive reminders for hosted storage renewals.
A modern backup architecture: Leverage Veeam’s modern backup technology, including Backup Copy jobs with Built-in WAN Acceleration, forever incremental backups, GFS (grandfather-father-son) retention policies and more — all built into one product.
End-to-end encryption: Rest easy by encrypting all data at source (before it leaves your network perimeter), in flight and at rest, without negatively impacting the data reduction ratios of built-in compression and WAN Acceleration.
DRaaS as part of a comprehensive
Veeam enables Disaster Recovery-as-a-Service (DRaaS) as part of a comprehensive availability strategy, embracing virtualization and storage investments in your data center and extending them through the hybrid cloud. Affordable and efficient image-based VM replication delivers true cloud-based disaster recovery for ALL applications (RTPOs < 15 minutes) via Webhosting.net.
Get the most out of DRaaS with Veeam Cloud Connect VM replication, providing fully integrated, fast and secure cloud-based DR (disaster recovery). It includes:
- A cloud host for DR with CPU (central processing unit), RAM (random access memory), storage and networking resource allocation
- Full-site failover to a remote DR site from anywhere with just a few clicks through a secure web portal and partial-site failover to instantly switch over to selected VM replicas only
- Full and partial failback to restore normal business operations
- Built-in network extension appliances to simplify networking complexity and preserve communication with and between running VMs, regardless of the physical location
- 1-click failover orchestration for quick execution and site failover testing for failover simulation, without disrupting production workloads
- Single-port connectivity via a secure, reliable TLS/SSL (Transport Layer Security/Secure Sockets Layer) connection with traffic encryption
- Multiple traffic-reduction technologies, including built-in WAN acceleration and replica seeding
VEEAM to backup VMWare environments
Veeam unifies backup and replication in a single solution and enhances data protection for VMware and Microsoft virtual environments. Virtual environments create unique challenges and need solutions built specifically for virtualization. Leveraging the capabilities and benefits of the virtual environment, Veeam helps organizations modernize their data protection strategy while mitigating daily management risks.
Webhosting.net employs Veeam because the solution reduces backup and recovery time by 95 percent, while concurrently reducing admin time and costs. Veeam allows for recovery a failed virtual machine in as little as two minutes. The solution also allows for the recovery of an individual object from any virtualized application on any operating system. In addition, the solution permits backup and granular recovery from storage snapshots.
With Veeam, Webhosting.net reduces its downtime and data loss of its VMware customers, as well as the total cost of ownership of their data protection solution. Veeam is storage agnostic, as such, it works with any physical hardware. Veeam also includes sophisticated compression and deduplication, which allows for the management of large volumes of data generated by image-based backups. With such functionality, Webhosting.net is able to reduce backup storage consumption and the amount of data sent over the network. Veeam, as a result, can cut backup storage requirements up to 75 percent by compressing backup and network traffic and eliminating duplicate blocks of data.