Support for Cloudflare
CloudFlare CDN with CloudProxy Firewall
If you are using CloudFlare (the CDN) and want to add Sucuri WAF/Firewall protection to it, this guide should help you get that configured.
With that in mind, we’ll need to setup the following:
- CloudProxy pointing to Webhosting.net, as normally it is.
- Cloudflare pointing to CloudProxy
Note: If you find this complicated, open a support ticket and our team will get you all setup.
Step by Step
1. Enable the CDN option on the CloudProxy Dashboard setting it to CloudFlare. Just like this image:
2. On CloudProxy we need to make sure that the hosting IP address is actually pointing to the Webhosting.net IP address and not CloudFlare. If the site was previously live at CloudFlare when you added it to CloudProxy, you will need to manually edit the hosting IP address to point to your web server.
3. Inside CloudFlare’s Zone File for your domain, you need to add Sucuri’s Firewall IP address in there:
Also, set CloudFlare to active if it does not have the “orange” cloud.
4. Go to the Network settings tab and make sure IPv6 compatibility is disabled.
And that’s it. For the other CDN providers, the process should be similar.