Remove Outlook Profiles from the Windows Registry
These instructions will show you how to remove the Outlook profile from the Windows Registry.
This procedure is done when you receive the error “The profile name you entered already exists. Enter a different profile name” when creating a new profile in Outlook.
Please note that this procedure is to be done at your own risk.
- In Windows 8 or later, right-click on the Start button and then choose Run. (Windows Key + R)
- In the search box or Run window, type in regedit, then press Enter.
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER> Software> Microsoft> Office> 15.0> Outlook> Profiles – (15.0 is the example version used in this tutorial. You will need to go to the version of Office that you have installed)
- Right click on the folder with your profile name and click Delete. When prompted click on Yes.
- Close everything out and restart your computer.